Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Yadoodle-Roo

After a little bit of a break, I spent about ten minutes regaining my confidence in myself, and getting her fired up. A few small adjustments, and the hiccuping and fifty kick starts were history.

Much better than the over TWO WEEKS (spare time, der) I spent redoing all of my timing and jetting, pulling the carb, changing head gaskets, putting it all back together, checking the wiring and battery, only to find....nothing.

The problem? I was somewhat ridiculed for having .031" slow and .072" main jets in my Super B. Too much for a .020" overbored 74" Shovelhead. 

Bullshit. 

I forgot all of this, thinking I had originally over-jetted to compensate for a vacuum leak, but, now I KNOW that this fucker has NO leaks. Don't know why it goes against "traditional thinking" or whatever, but this is what I need to run for it to "one kick start" and "run like a scalded dog".

Next time, I will listen to myself. The original problem was that the slow jet was adjusted out farther than recommended, about 3½ turns..my first impulse was to go up to a .033", but the conversations went the other way. I still think I was right. And I still think I will.


Blue Bonnie and Clyde


Nice to enjoy the sunshine.

1 comment: